Ecumen Home Care - Mankato
Home Care Clinical Director, RN - Full Time 1.0FTE Days 8am-4:30pm - We offer excellent benefits, PTO/Sick Time, Paid Holidays and an incredibly supportive & fun team environment!
Ecumen Home Care-Pathstone is hiring a Clinical Director, RN of Home Care. Ecumen Home Care-Pathstone provides in-home and community based services in the Minnesota Mankato area.
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.
The Clinical Director ensures that the health and safety needs of all residents are met. This position is responsible for the management and supervision of all direct care staff, ensuring that staff are trained and competent to deliver all nursing tasks. The Clinical Director ensures the facility is in compliance with current state and federal regulations and follows all nursing standards of practice.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Completes initial assessment of each resident, determines nursing care needs, and creates a service agreement/plan appropriate for each resident. Performs supervisory visits and reviews/revises service agreements as needed and/or required.
- Ensures residents have up to date care plans that are appropriately delegated and performed by direct care team members. Reviews resident health records to ensure documentation is accurate and appropriate and that all physician orders are signed and implemented within specified time-frame.
- Supervises RNs, LPNs and Resident Assistants. Assists with hiring, training, competency reviews and CEU verification.
- Consults and communicates with resident's physicians, any needs, concerns or changes in condition; promptly initiating physician's orders. Updates resident and/or responsible party with changes as needed.
- Maintains and monitors medication administration program; provides medication training to new employees, supervises medication practices, and communicates with physicians regarding medications and medical conditions.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and is available for federal and state licensure surveys as needed.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures. Works with leadership team to ensure emergency procedures are in place. Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills and other emergency situations.
- Assists in preparation of annual budget for nursing department
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Graduate of accredited school of nursing for Registered Nurse
3-5 years related experience
Licensure/Certification Required: Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse within the state in which working and must maintain licensure
Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Senior care experience