INTRODUCTION: Administrative Assistant I
The Administrative Assistant I (AD001) provides administrative support across multiple units, as assigned, within Academic Affairs. The full-time assistant will be cross trained in a variety of administrative skills, to provide back-up assistance where needed. QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience working in an office setting
• Organizational, administrative and resource management skills
• Attention to detail, proofreading and editing skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Customer service experience
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
• Good work habits, such as attendance, punctuality, accountability, thoroughness, ability to prioritize work
• Excellent judgement including sensitivity to personal and confidential information
• Proficient with standard business software (e.g. Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Associate degree or higher
• Two years working in a higher education setting
• Two years working in an office setting
• Experience with web development
• Experience supporting multiple units or individuals
• Demonstrated commitment to an inclusive work environment RESPONSIBILITIES
90% Provide comprehensive support and administrative assistance.
• Schedule logistics and secure resources for meetings, conferences, travel and work operations.
• Send, receive, copy and distribute communications to the appropriate entities according to established policies and procedures.
• Monitor, stock, order, and inventory office supplies to ensure adequate materials are available for workplace operation, in coordination with direction from the Academic Affairs Accountant.
• Facilitate recruitments, as needed, within the division in accordance with HR practices and guidelines.
• Assist with event planning and coordination. Serve as the first point of contact for individuals and groups providing basic organization information via phone, in person and through other communication mediums, routing more complex inquiries to appropriate entities.
• Manage projects, as assigned. 10%
Other duties, as assigned.
The position is planned to be primarily housed in the Teaching & Learning Hub, located in the University Library. Hours for the position will generally fall between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS Applications received by end of day, December 10, 2023 are ensured full consideration.
Applications submitted after December 10th may be reviewed at the discretion of the search committee.
To apply, click on the APPLY button or go to: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/careers-jobs Required application materials
- Cover letter (* See below)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references
* Please use your cover letter to speak to each of the Minimum/Required Qualifications for this position as listed above. For each required qualification, describe your relevant experience, using specific examples from your work history to illustrate how your experience satisfies the requirement.
Applicants must complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.uwss.wisconsin.edu/21900.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Tara Boyette
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Dawn Skovbroten
Email: email@example.com INSTITUTIONAL OVERVIEW
University of Wisconsin-Stout, Wisconsin's only Polytechnic University, offers an unmatched career-focused education that combines applied learning, theory and research with real-world experience that prepares tomorrow's leaders to drive the future of business and industry. At UW-Stout, our students think and do from day one, and we are proud to produce lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens who succeed in a global society.
UW-Stout is recognized nationwide for its operational excellence. We were the first and remain the only full four-year public higher education institution in the nation to receive the Malcolm Baldrige Award, and we are dedicated to a process-improvement model that leverages the power of data and the value of our people. We believe in critical thinking and fact-informed decision making. We pursue sustainability in form and function and collaborate across campus and with our partners to solve problems in industry and society. And providing an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for our faculty, staff and students to live, learn and work is a top priority.
We offer 45+ undergraduate degrees, 20+ graduate degrees and 30+ professional certificates in Art, Design & Graphics; Business & Management; Education; Human & Social Sciences; Information Technology & Communications; and Science, Engineering & Math. Our first-class digital infrastructure and learning environments provide our nearly 7,000 students with every avenue to explore and personalize their success. And we invest in people who share our vision to advance our position as Wisconsin's only Polytechnic University and as a regional, national and international leader in higher education.
Be a part of the future at UW-Stout. Learn more at https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us .
University of Wisconsin-Stout is located in Menomonie, Wisconsin, a community an hour east of Minneapolis-St. Paul. A pillar of Wisconsin's Chippewa Valley and recognized as one of the best small towns in America, Menomonie provides an idyllic combination of natural beauty, outdoor recreation, boutiques and arts and culture with access to a metropolitan area. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community . ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Minimum starting salary of $17.00, commensurate with qualifications and available budget. UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan, demonstrating our commitment to the diverse needs of our employees.
• Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/quickguideus.pdf
• Health & Retirement Contributions Estimator | Employee Benefits (wisconsin.edu)
All qualified candidates meeting application requirements will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout welcomes applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans, individuals with disabilities and from historically excluded populations. UW-Stout provides equal opportunity to all persons and is committed to inclusive excellence. At UW-Stout we value our differences and welcome diverse perspectives as we continually commit to developing an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees and students.
Employment is contingent upon the final candidate's completing a criminal background check and being cleared to work by the Human Resources Office. Employment is also contingent upon the final candidate passing reference checks and an essential job function test, as applicable. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor(s) questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position. A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact our Human Resources office, Phone: 715.232.2149.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Stout is committed to providing safety and security of all members of our community in accordance with the Clery Act. For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information
Job Family: Staff