Description: The pay range is $54,800.00 - $98,600.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.Store Operations - Store Communications Business Partner Classification: ExemptDate: January 2024About Us:
Working at Target means helping all families discover the joy of everyday life. We bring that vision to life through our values and culture. Learn more about Target here.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow and win together.
Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Store Operations is transforming for the better. Here, your work directly supports the store mission to be the guest-favorite through successfully developing and communicating the processes for operations, structure, model, technology and workforce management activities at 1,900+ locations nationwide. Store Operations manages and enhances the informational resources for researching and resolving operational issues, while guiding and communicating with the field team and leaders who use them. Are you a customer service enthusiast who can actively listen to many points of view and then visualize how they'll perform when operationalized in a store? Are you happy to partner with leaders as well as field team members who are often the experts on how well a process is working? Can you offer specific and valuable experience within the massive store operations scope? Do you possess the innovative mindset to question the status quo, and the confidence to work under varying degrees of ambiguity and well-informed experimentation? Then you'll have success on one of our dynamic teams. A role within Store Communications
means a big opportunity to continuously improve the communication channels between Target Corporate and our team members and leaders in the field.
As a Store Communications Business Partner
, you will:
- Support store teams and field leaders with well-written communication for regular process updates and urgent executional needs, as well as direction on new programs and projects.
- Support planning, content production, and delivery of a variety of communication tools delivered to stores and field audiences.
- Engage with peers to continuously improve internal communication best practices.
- Think critically about the right audience, timing, and vehicle for every message.
- Regularly engage with the field to gain feedback on the effectiveness of communication.
- Act as an advocate for stores when developing communication plans so all team members receive the information they need to appropriately execute projects and tasks.
- Support Comm-on-Call functions and respond to escalated communication requests, as needed.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. About you:
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing
- 1-4 years of practical communications experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong copy editing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work within and deliver on tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work collaboratively with key business partners
- Strong computer skills and ability to adapt quickly to using digital tools
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.