Description: The pay range is $160,900.00 - $289,700.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.JOIN TARGET AS A DIRECTOR of DATA SCIENCES - SEARCH About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, develop talent by creating growth opportunities and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together. Every time a guest enters a Target store or browses Target.com, they experience the impact of Target's investments in technology and innovation. We're the technologists behind one of the most loved retail brands, delivering joy to millions of our guests, team members, and communities.
Join our global in-house Tech team of more than 5,000 software engineers, applied data scientists, architects and product managers striving to make Target the most convenient, safe and joyful place to shop. We use agile practices and leverage open-source software to adapt and build best-in-class technology for our team members and guests. We do so with a focus on diversity and inclusion, experimentation and continuous learning.
A role with Target Data Sciences means the chance to help develop and manage state of the art predictive algorithms that use data at scale to automate and optimize decisions at scale. Whether you join our Statistics, Optimization, Advanced Algorithms or Machine Learning teams, you'll be challenged to harness Target's impressive data breadth to build the algorithms that power solutions our partners in Search, Personalization, GenAI, Marketing, Supply Chain Optimization, Network Security rely on.About the role:
This role is to be one of the leaders in Target's Search team which uses AI to power search on target.com and our mobile app. The Search team builds the core relevance engine and products that power Target's digital experience. As the Director of Search on this product - you'll work with business partners to provide solutions for business problems in a fast-paced and global environment. You'll have the opportunity to design quality, flexible and performant AI systems and services at scale. You will work with Product, Tech and Business Partners to define product roadmaps that fit in our ecosystem and solve retail challenges at scale. You will build consensus and communicate with senior level leadership. You will drive the creation of new standards and best practices with a focus on emerging technologies and author various project related documents, vision statements and roadmap.
In this role as Director of Data Sciences - Search, you will:
- Develop a strong understanding of business and operational processes within
Target's Search ecosystem
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the various systems and processes that
influence Digital guest experience. Identify opportunities to drive efficiencies
through simulation/optimization/enhanced decision models.
- Lead a team that writes code for mathematical and statistical models. Develops modular framework to build large scale Optimization, Relevance and Retrieval ecosystems
- Continually add new capabilities and features to the models to reflect the
complexities of an evolving Search Framework
- Develop modeling and simulations for various NLP technology for query and document analysis, processing, and understanding
- Design and develop data pipelines for feature/label extraction and generation.
- Guide business decisions by highlighting opportunities, identifying correlations,
defining experiments, and determining cause and effect relationships
- Collaborate with the Product and Technology teams to advance our technical
capabilities in developing and deploying models
- Define financial and analytic metrics to measure complicated decision model
outcomes and produce performance reports
- Mentor and partner with other engineers to develop technology that meets business needs
- Communicate insights and recommendations to senior leaders, helping to drive business decisions and strategy
- Promote a culture of algorithmic decision-making across the organization, encouraging stakeholders to incorporate data insights into their decision-making processes
- Innovate constantly and keep systems up to date with current technologies
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Information Theory, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics or equivalent work/industry experience
- 5+ years of experience managing/leading and career development of large Applied ML/Data Sciences teams
- Experience in strategic and cross-functional leadership, planning and execution
- 12+ years of experience in Machine learning and Algorithms Design
- Demonstrated industry experience in NLP (Natural language Processing) and Information Retrieval fundamentals
- Hand on experience in ML Algorithm Design and Large-Scale systems design as well as Deep Learning frameworks like: Transformers, Graph Neural Networks, etc.
- Experience deploying models with large-scale business impact in commercial setting
- Ability to convert a Business problem to Machine Learning solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly tell data
driven stories through appropriate visualizations, graphs and narratives
- Experience is Large Language Models (LLMs) fine tuning a plus
This position will operate as a Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role will need to be performed both onsite at the Target HQ MN location the role is assigned to and virtually, depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. Click here if you are curious to learn more about Minnesota.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Application deadline is : 04/28/2024