Description: The pay range is $67,800.00 - $122,000.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
Working at Target means helping all families discover the joy of everyday life. We bring that vision to life through our values and culture. Learn more about Target here.
As an Engineer, you serve as a technical specialist delivering the engineering that powers the product. You develop keen insight into the technical architecture and design to deliver robust and scalable software components. You constantly demonstrate the depth of your expertise by solving engineering problems. You are passionate about the quality of software and balance between speed of delivering new features and robustness of the software components you implement. You can handle operational issues with little or no oversight. You actively review code to ensure the software quality and functional accuracy is maintained across the team. You are keen to learn the design and architecture of the product and participate in ceremonies that can influence both.
The Production Data & Insight team's vision is to quickly and reliably distill the state of Production with insights and dependencies, providing teams with a data map to efficiently manage change, troubleshoot issues and reduce incidents. We are part of the ITSM Platform team and are responsible for aggregating data from infrastructure systems. ITSM Services, Security team, Networking team, Showback team and Site Reliability are customers for our data.
· Languages: Kotlin, Groovy, Python
· Runtimes/Frameworks: Kubernetes, Spring Boot
· Distributed Streaming Platform: Kafka, logstash
· Data Stores: Elastic Search, Graph Database (Neo4j)
· Metrics Visualization: Grafana
· Operating Systems: Mac, Windows, Alpine Linux
· CI/CD Tools: Gradle, Docker, Vela, Spinnaker, TAP
· Other: Git, Artifactory
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As an engineer, you'll take the lead as you...
Use your technology acumen to provide input to assist with evaluation of new technologies and contribute to the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services. Contribute to research and proof-of-concept initiatives for new technologies and assist with code review and design review, writes, organizes and maintains code based on designs. With guidance, delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables. Participate in structured construction, automation, debugging, and implementation activities, ensuring architectural and operational requirements and best practices are met. Participate in disaster recovery planning and disaster recovery activities and participate in functional integration and regression testing and ability to automate test scripts. Resolve frequently encountered technical issues and monitors systems capacity with minimal assistance. Search and understand metadata about various data sources and metrics. Adhere to change and incident management standards and expectations.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 1+ years of software development experience
• Working experience with one Language
• Experience with Distributed Streaming Platform
• Experience developing in Agile Environment
• Experience with any CI/CD tools
• Demonstrates familiarity with current and emerging technologies in own scope of responsibility, and develops ability to apply these technologies
• Understands concepts of package solutions and package specific programming language with knowledge of development objects
• Demonstrates and continuously builds upon domain-specific knowledge
• Demonstrates proficiency in at least one computer language
• Understands the concepts of distributed programming and applies it to their domain
• Knowledge of the different data structures in your chosen programming language and how to apply them.
• Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.