CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for the Human Resources Coordinator Part-Time position at our CommonBond Communities central office located at 1080 Montreal Avenue, Saint Paul, MN. The Human Resources Coordinator performs professional-level responsibilities in support of the Human Resources Team including recruitment/hiring,
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
- Coordinates employee data flow and protects data integrity
- Enters Employee Status change forms into HRIS system, including entering new hires, status changes, terminations, and benefits. Maintains up-to-date record keeping systems and ensures data integrity. Maintains all HRIS data
- Prepares and maintains employee files and completes filing according to file standards. Purges files according to retention rules.( Including I-9)
- Protects information and keeps employee and candidate data confidential.
- Prepares and transfers data to Payroll for processing.
- Serves as primary user and subject matter expert of Employee Voice Employee Survey Tool and CommonBond University
- Completes administrative onboarding duties and organizes NEO details.
- Coordinates New Employee Orientation- notifies presenters and applicants of changes and cancelations.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and completes E-Verify activities within regulatory timelines.
- Maintains adequate supply of all necessary forms, guides, documents, and materials; ensures all materials are the most current or revises as needed.
- Completes administrative duties related to recruitment.
- Maintains Employee Referral program spreadsheet and communicates payout details to employee and to payroll.
- Completes administrative duties related to the general HR function.
- Gives great customer service by responding to employee and candidate questions and requests, in person, on the phone, and via email
- Distributes mail, receives and sends faxes, secures meeting space and handles meeting logistics, orders office supplies, codes invoices for payment, prepares routine correspondence and coordinates mailings.
- Completes verifications of employment via fax, email; maintains & shreds documentation.
- Prepares weekly employee update email and employee anniversaries and sends to all employees.
- Participates fully in HR meetings, represents HR at assigned committee meetings; demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset. And works with the team to ensure equitable practices and policies with the organization.
- Maintains current information on CommonBond Connections, intranet, and any other technical area where employees or candidates get HR information.
- Maintain and monitor HRhelpdesk@commonbond.org, and HR fax email accounts on a daily basis.
- Provides coverage for the Central Office receptionist phones and front door
- Assists with other projects as assigned including serving as backup for Benefits Specialist/ HRIS Administrator
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years HR administrative office experience
- Demonstrated commitment to a friendly and inclusive work environment with respect for for different cultures, values, perspectives, and beliefs.
- Excellent computer skills, Excel and Word
- Ability to proofread and edit written material
- Ability to present numerical data effectively and perform intermediate calculations
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Exceptionally detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize work, and use time effectively
- Able to preserve the confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, or other related field
- HRIS database maintenance and reporting experience, UltiPro preferred
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to type data into a computer
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to complete filing
This job description is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.